The Macks Center for Jewish Education offers MDSNAP to help you with this. MDSNAP provides free educational advocacy services for Jewish children with special needs, from birth to age 21. In addition, MDSNAP:
- Listens to concerns and helps parents help their children
- Assists families to navigate the special education system
- Works with parents to prepare for IFSP and IEP meetings and will accompany them to these meetings
- Educates parents about their legal rights (does not provide legal counsel)
- Offers information, resources and referrals
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
SHEMESH serves as a community-wide program in Baltimore providing the educational support necessary for Jewish children with learning differences to reach their full intellectual, academic, emotional and social potential in a Jewish setting. SHEMESH participates in the IEP process for students attending Jewish day schools in Baltimore.
The Transitions Planning Timeline Checklist, created by The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore’s Disabilities Task Force for the Baltimore Jewish Abilities Alliance, is a great resource for navigating transitions.
Free Appropriate Public Education
Individualized Education Program
Family Support Services For Families of Children With Disabilities Ages Birth-21
Individualized Education Program Sample Form