Join us at our Virtual Gala!
2020 Virtual Gala
Join us for a special virtual celebration and fundraising event from Thursday, November 12 through Sunday, November 15th. We’re so excited to share the gala with disability community members and allies from across the country and around the world, who usually wouldn’t be able to attend in-person. Our virtual 2020 gala will feature new, exciting ways for attendees to participate, like twitter chats, panels, and more! Events will be held online across a variety of platforms.
Master of Ceremonies: Nicole Cliffe
Transitions to Adulthood panelists: Jordyn Zimmerman, Ivanova Smith, Brent White, Hari Srinivasan, and Ashley Mabry
Ask a Non-Autistic Person panelists: Allegra Heath-Stout, Emily Ladau, Patrick Cokley, Elena Hung, and Maria Town
Schedule of Events:
Thursday, November 12
- Celebration of Self Advocacy Twitter Chat
- Awards Ceremony
Friday, November 13th
- Transition to Adulthood Panel
- Film Screening
Saturday, November 14th
- Animal Crossing Island Tour, showcasing the Animal Crossing islands of ASAN staff
- Self Care and Community Care during Covid Twitter Chat
- “Ask a Non-Autistic Person” Panel
- Autism Campus Inclusion short video featuring interviews with alumni
- Remarks from Executive Director Julia Bascom
Sunday, November 15th
- #StopTheShock Remarks and Award Ceremony thanking Survivors & Advocates
- LGBTQ+ Rights & Neurodiversity Panel
- Racial Justice & Neurodiversity Panel
- Closing Ceremony
Ticket & Guest Information
Gala tickets are on a sliding scale this year, so you can pay whatever you are comfortable with. Proceeds from this event every year support our advocacy work and programs for the coming year, and allow us to continue working to empower disabled people across the country. If you are not able to donate, we’re just happy to have you celebrating with us! But if you are able, please consider donating to support our work.
Please book tickets one by one to ensure we have an email address for everyone who registers!